1) I had the pleasure of speaking at this same (or a similar) conference in 2011. Around 800 participants attended that year. Do you expect similar attendance in 2014? We are expecting around 800 participants but we will not have a session where they will all be present. We will be having supersessions for 200 to 300
2) In 2011, I “bundled” my services, providing one keynote talk and two smaller workshops. Since I am based in California, it made sense to give more than one presentation to distribute the cost of airfare between sessions. May I propose a similar bundle for 2014, or are you looking for only one workshop per presenter? Yes, you may provide a supersession and two smaller workshops. We are expecting around 300 participants for Friday (Directors and owners) and 800 on Saturday (Directors, owners and daycare providers). We would love to be able to have you present one of Friday and then a super session on Saturday with two smaller workshops.
3) If I am to present a literacy workshop twice, I can deliver one talk in English and one in Spanish. Would separate talks by language suit your conference’s needs? Yes that would be great!
4) As a literacy consultant, I can also offer separate workshops designed for teachers of different aged children, for example one for pre-school and one for intermediate grades. Should I propose these as separate presentations or just note my flexibility? We are focusing on children from 0 to 12 years old. You could focus on afterschool for the smaller sessions and pre-k for the supersession.
5) In 2011, my company Tortuga Press provided several children’s books and literacy resources for attendees. Would this year’s conference once again be interested in considering my award-winning instructional materials at bulk discounts? AT this moment we are not but you are welcome to send us the rates in-case we find extra funding and we are able to do it.